Back to all Headlines



In a game, that had a total of eighty-eight total points, an interception, in the end zone, sealed the victory. Maryville held on for a 46-42 victory over St. Pius X.

Maryville head coach, Matt Webb, talked about the challenge, before kickoff:

“We have faced some tests, and this is the next test,” Webb said. “We have a top ranked team, in our class, in our district, and in our conference, coming into Maryville. It’s not going to get any better than that.”

St. Pius, head coach Anthony Simone, was asked about having to face the Spoofhounds.

“They are a very good, and well coached team,” Simone said. “It's gonna be a good test for us this week, to see where we are at. The goal is to keep getting better every week.”

St. Pius took the opening kickoff and drove right down the field. Hudson Bailey, connected with junior receiver, Tommy Hutsler for the final 13 yards. Julian Abella split the uprights and the Warriors were up by seven.

Maryville answered when Derek Quinlin hooked up with Boston Hageman for a 14 yard score. The two-point run failed.

The Warriors extended their lead, right before the end of the quarter. Bailey, and Hutsler, combined for their second score. This one was from 11 yards out. Hutsler went low, to make a sliding catch, in the middle of the end zone. Abella’s kick gave the Warriors a 14-6, lead at the end of one.

Maryville scored the next two touchdowns. The first was a 1 yard “jet-sweep” scored by Delton Davis. The next score, Quinlin, had to move around the pocket and buy time. Wyatt Garner was in the corner of the end zone, for a 4 yard TD. Both two-point conversions failed, and Maryville was up 18-14.

With just :17 left in the half Bailey and Hutsler connected for the third score. This time from 22 yards out. Abella scored the last point of the half, and Warriors led 21-18.

Maryville roared back. Delton Davis scored on a spectacular 22-yard run. He started on the left side of the and went around the right end. He was a about to get tackled inside the 10-yard line, but he planted his foot, and spun around, letting the pursuit pass him, and he went in untouched. Noah Bellamy nailed the kick, making the score 25-21.

Maryville scored again, Delton Davis, caught a short pass, and made a move on a defender, and outran the Warriors defense for a 82 yards score. Bellamy kick was true, and the score was now 32-21.

The Warriors then found the end zone twice. Jacob Manis scored, from 2 yards out. Bailey Connected with Matt Brandon for the two-point pass. Bailey continued his aerial attack. This time Bailey found his tight end Vinny Ross for a 13-yard touchdown, and now the Warriors led, 36-32.

Maryville jumped in front, again with another Quinlin, to Dalton Davis connection. the score was now 39-36.

The Warriors then retook the lead, with just 2:24 left in the game. Bailey found Rotterham on a wheel route, wide open down the right sideline. Rotterham, juked one defender and went 48 yards for the score. The point after was no good, and the Warriors were on top, 42-39.

There was a personal foul on the touchdown, so the Warriors had to kick off from their, 25-yard line. Don Allen returned the kick to midfield. With :52, left in the game, facing 3rd & 8, Quinlin, dropped back, and saw no one open, and scampered 14 yards for the winning score.

The Warriors would not go down without a fight. They reached the Maryville 19-yard line before Don Allen picked of the pass, to secure the win.

The win improves Maryville’s record to 3-1, and they will host Cameron next week. With the loss St. Pius, drops to 3-1, and go on the road to face Chillicothe.